Sunday, October 7, 2018

October and Stuff!


Since it is Sunday, I am going to try to turn this post into my 'weekly review'.  This is something that is recommended by the GTD Getting Things Done method that I learned about a while ago.  In the weekly review, you are supposed to look back at your goals for the week and then then analyze, sort and 'review them'...lol! https://gettingthingsdone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Weekly_Review_Checklist.pdf   This link has a better description/steps.

The first step is to get Clear- gather all your lists/ papers and empty your head.  I use my reminders on my phone and also my Law of Attraction planner to make my 'action steps',  Last week, one of my main action items was to get my letter from the company handling my insurance and apply for the the Cobra coverage.  This whole insurance issue has been a major headache/source of stress for my family because we had no idea that my new position would come with a two month delay in health benefits!  Me being 6 months pregnant and my son having daily behavior therapy ,ABA, this was just not going to work for us.  My husband, the planner in our family, was especially upset because we just didn't factor in the additional cost that it will be for me to elect the extended Cobra coverage.  This means I will have to pay ALL the premium and it equates to at least $500 more in expenses for the month. 

I printed off the paperwork to go over- we just never had the chance to sit down together and go through the election process online- SO my action steps for this week are FIRST TO DO THAT!  (I just wrote it in my planner)

Tomorrow is also my oldest daughter's 21st birthday!!!  My second action step is to send her some money !Actually I may just do that right meow!  Just texted her to make sure that she still uses Venmo!
Maddi- My oldest baby!

So besides THOSe two action items, I need to get into the swing of my virtual school job!  Tomorrow is Columbus day so Rudy has off school.  This is good so I won't have to worry about any online meetings/training I need to attend.  I am pretty sure that I actually get students next week!  I am excited but nervous about that.  Mainly with my ADHD- I worry about handling the multitude of tasks needed to complete each week for every student.  I am starting to feel more familiar with the programs and the process but I still need more practice. 











Today we took my son to a Pirate Invasion thing down the street at Captain Andersons.  It would have been a blast if it wasn't so insanely hot!  It felt like 93 degrees!  But even with the heat, Rudy got to get a balloon pirate sword, see a pirate ship water gun battle, play some games and watch a little bit of a pirate magic show.   There was a pet parade I wanted to take our dog Mitsu to but she would have been miserable in the heat. 


I didn't get in any running today but yesterday I squeezed in a good 4 miles on the treadmill and the first two body pump tracks.  I passed my glucose test last week and I have another OB check this Tuesday (i think!)   I also think my husband has to go out of town Wed- which ALSO happens to be the day that Hurricane Michael may make landfall!  I am really hoping that it doesn't amount to much.  For the obvious reasons of safety and inconvenience of course - but also it is a big week of adjusting with virtual school and I need internet for that!  ;)

Saturday, I did manage to get to Michael's at Pier Park to get puffy paint to make my own Maternity Halloween skeleton shirt.   I also got a lot of cute baby girl clothes for our lil Christmas baby!  The newborn sizes are SO tiny!  I can't wait!
I saw some pictures and tutorials online.  I took a black maternity t-shirt that I had a while back and was going to try to print off the skeleton design to cut out and trace.  But I saw that many people just used wax paper/tracing paper to trace the design from the computer (like a light box) I tried it on wax paper and it kind of worked - but it was a PAIN trying to cut out all the little bones/pieces.  So I ended up cutting some and then kind of eyeballing/ sketching the rest of the design with a white colored pencil and chalk.  The puffy paint took a LONG time to fill in but when I checked it tonight it was finally dry and I tried it on!  IT LOOKED great!  I may even have enough puffy paint to do a pair of black leggings to match!  I also need to get some pink, red and maybe more white puffy paint to make the little heart and finish the shirt.  But I think I will just get those from Walmart because the traffic at Pier Park is insane!!  Especially since they were having a pirate parade there as well and I ended up stuck down there on Saturday night until like 7 pm!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason's 19th Birthday in Heaven

My oldest son Mason would be turning 19 today.     I have been dreading this day because I know it will open the huge gaping wound in my hea...