Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Our Easter In Quarantine

It is the Monday after Easter that I am writing this post and as I look back on the weekend and our Easter I can’t help but think How strange it was because of our lockdown due to this coronavirus. Honestly I’ve had to get used to not seeing friends and family a lot because they all live in different states and have for many years.  This pandemic has also put a hold on us trying to sell our condo and move my mom down to Florida with us which has been devastating.

Easter 2019
So despite the quarantine and pandemic we probably would have celebrated Easter by ourselves at home anyway but I would have definitely taken the kids to church.
Last year we celebrated Easter by taking the kids down to a local restaurant on the beach called Schooners to eat brunch and participate in an Easter egg hunt on the beach! I remember it was a little bit chilly that day and Emerson was only four months old so she really didn’t get to participate. This year however she is 15 months old and I know she would’ve had a blast going on an egg hunt.
Easter at the Beach 2019
Easter is more about our faith and celebrating the resurrection of Jesus than - a bunny and candy but that is the part that gets them so excited so we always try to make sure they have a basket on Easter morning.  I am a little surprised my 9 year old son still believes in the Easter Bunny.  He is high functioning autistic so I kind of attribute it to that.  I love that he still believes in Santa, the Elf on the Shelf and the Easter bunny (probably more because he watches FGTV videos on youtube about it being real)  So since churches are closed we watched the Joel Osteen live Easter service on YouTube which was really nice to have a little time to reflect on the real reason we celebrate and to also pray for those who are working/caring for people during this time and those suffering loss of loved ones because of this COVID 19.


After that I got Emerson dressed in a pretty Easter dress and despite having a strong wind advisory. I took the kids outside and we had fun hiding eggs together. Rudy watched his favorite YouTube channel FG TV the episode where they celebrated Easter.








I wasn’t planning on going for a run but around 11 o’clock it was Emerson’s naptime and taking her for a jog is one of the easiest way to get her to go to sleep. It wasn’t that fun pushing the jogging stroller in the gale force winds but I’m glad that I got out and squeezed in 3 miles. I never regret getting to go for a run.  If the winds weren’t so strong we probably would’ve taken the boat out .  Hubs was planning on it but it definitely would not have been any fun with high seas and such strong wind. So the rest of the day we didn’t do much.  We didn’t even cook dinner because our neighbor was so nice and made lasagna for everyone.  So we had lasagna and leftover garlic knots and caprese salad.  I try not to feel too guilty eating so many carbs! I have been able to stay pretty close to my goal weight of 115 pounds. The last time I weighed myself and it was 117.

The main thing I’m focusing on now with my diet is trying to drink a lot of water like yesterday I drank an entire gallon and at the end of the night it really helped me feel full and not hungry. And I’m also trying to focus on not eating desserts sugar and candy. So last night I made my homemade fruit leather which definitely satisfies my sweet tooth reminds me of a fruit roll-up and keeps me from eating gushers! I also found out (thanks to tik tok) that if you put lime juice on green grapes- they taste like SOUR PATCH kids!

I’m pretty bummed out that my youngest daughter is now starting to get picky about food and definitely prefers pizza over her zucchini green beans and spinach baby food. She still loves fruits and will eat a lot of apples even though I have to cut them into tiny pieces because I don’t want her to choke she had a little choking episode and it scared me to death! She has all of almost all of her teeth so I don’t get why she gets these choking things except for maybe she tries to eat too much at one time now that she’s feeding herself. So I can’t go to the grocery store with the kids which is made it really hard to keep stocked up with healthy foods.  Lately my husband has been going to the store or I can sneak away during her nap. I plan on trying to get some edamame which she seem to like and maybe trying to make her some smoothies with spinach.  My son really needs to eat more vegetables too.  Right now the only vegetable he  will eat is carrots.  Emerson absolutely loves corn but I want them to have green vegetables.

 I think overall I’m just feeling like everyone else ;  I am ready to be done with this pandemic quarantine so that we can try to get back to a normal life whatever that maybe but I am also very grateful that we are safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason's 19th Birthday in Heaven

My oldest son Mason would be turning 19 today.     I have been dreading this day because I know it will open the huge gaping wound in my hea...