Saturday, September 8, 2018

Maine 2018


I can not believe our trip is almost over- but I guess that is how all vacations go- time flies when you're having fun! 

This was my 2nd trip up to Maine with my bae for his birthday- this year he turned 40!!!  The last trip we took was 2 years ago when I was still working and living in St. Augustine, FL and we drove all the way up to his family's vacation home in Sargentville/Sedgewick Maine.  It took us a long time to get there but it gave us the chance to stop in a lot of states to visit family.  I got to see my friend Kerri in Plymouth, his uncle Jerry in Virginia, and my mom in Maryland.  We didnt take Rudy with us that time- his grandmother, Beverly, stayed with him.

This time, because I had started back to school with a new job at a K-12 school, Bozeman, we decided to fly up so we would have more time.  We also brought my son Rudy with us. 

It has been an AMAZING trip full of hiking, shopping and of course LOBSTER!!

We flew from FL to Portland, Maine and got to go to the LL Bean outlet- which turned out to be HUGE.  I had my first lobster roll of the trip which was not quite as good as some of the other ones- but yummy nonetheless.  We got Rudy a nice jacket from LL Bean and I got a cute work dress.

From Portland we drove to Sargentville Maine where his family's house is.  We were the only ones there and it was gorgeous weather.  Nice an warm, and sunny during the day and really cool- almost cold at night.  We  got there around 7 in the evening and stopped at a little store called Eggemogin- (known for their whoopie pies) and got some snacks/food.
The next day we decided to go and check out Blue Hill - there was a fair that we took Rudy to and he loved it.  He rode rides, got cotton candy- I had the most delicious Hawaiian ice and caramel apple ever! Being 6 months pregnant has its perks and I take advantage of all the desserts I can handle!  LOL

We also took rudy on his first hike up Blue hill and he did great!  We were going to go to Acadia but my friend Kerri was driving to see us from Boston and we wanted to make sure that we were back in time to meet her.

We stopped in Stonington before she got there to the Lobster co-op to get some huge lobsters right off the boat!  It was really cool to see the boats bringing in massive containers full of lobster.  I think I could have died and gone to seafood heaven.

Jamey prepared the lobsters while Kerri and I got to catch up on the deck.  I honestly had not gotten to see her since I ran the Boston in 2017.  The dinner was delicious and we had such a good time catching up.  She has lost A LOT of weight since I saw her last and I joked with her that I gained it all!
She had to leave early in the morning to get back to Boston for a pearl jam concert.  So we headed to Acadia national park which is beautiful!   We took a short hike/walk to Thunder hole but drove up to the top of Cadillac mountain.  It was gorgeous.  We could even see Mount Katahdin from there- which is the mountain we hiked the last time we were in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason's 19th Birthday in Heaven

My oldest son Mason would be turning 19 today.     I have been dreading this day because I know it will open the huge gaping wound in my hea...