Sunday, December 9, 2018

38 weeks and still preggo


I had my 38 week check up was on Friday.  Luckily, I found out that the group B strep test was negative, which means I wont have to have antibiotics during labor.  This just makes one less thing to worry about.  I weighed in at a hefty 148 pounds!










Emerson is weighing near 6 pounds and 6 ounces which is really good.  She is only around 28 th percentile and normally my kids are around 90 percentile so I was a little worried but the mid wife and dr have reassured me that it is fine.  I have a scheduled induction for NEXT Saturday, December 15th if she doesn't come sooner on her own.  Honestly I thought she might come sooner because the last two nights, except last night,  I've woken up around 2 am with cramps that feel like menstrual pains.  I have A LOT of braxton hicks- which feel completely different.  They are completely painless and feel like my whole belly gets super tight and the muscles/ belly everything feels as hard as a rock.  Its uncomfortable - but not painful almost like crunches for a giant preggo belly!  I haven't gotten any stretchmarks (beside the 3 small ones near my belly button) and I haven't had any swelling so I really can't complain.   I am really uncomfortable most of the time.  Walking can even be a struggle so my treadmill visits have been few and far between.  Especially since I thought it might bring on labor and I am really trying to make it through the next week of work.

Rudy got sick last Sunday night.  He threw up in the middle of the night and could hardly even keep liquids down.  He ended up sick and weak all week long and missed school.  I was a nervous wreck because I was so worried about him.  Jamey took him to the doctor twice and they said it was just a virus that needed to run its course.  But I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything serious like appendicitis or something worse.  They prescribed him some pills for nausea and I alternated motrin and tylenol for pain/ low grade fever.  He slowly recovered but he was in so much pain.  Mostly he had stomach pains and had trouble eating.  He drank a lot of water and ate popsicles.  Finally Friday night he seemed a little better and started eating regular solid foods again- thank god!  On top of that , Jamey had to go out of town on Thursday all day and didn't get back until late that night.  I was so worried about what I would do if I went into labor and had to take rudy to the hospital with me while he was sick! It was a stressful day.  But we made it through and still no baby!

I have another appointment tomorrow on Monday.  I believe I have to do an ultrasound, CST and cervix check.  I am fairly confident that I should be more dilated than the 1 cm I already was.  I am getting kind of sick of the CST.  I know they have to do it but its getting uncomfortable sitting in that chair strapped in- and reminds me of how restricted I will be when labor starts in the hospital.  Its those kinds of things that makes me want to go natural.  You have more mobility and are not so restrained . 



So this week I need to :

1.  Make sure I get ahead with grading and contacting students/ parents before my lead teacher takes over for me on Monday.  I still am getting used to teaching online so everything still takes me time and I am trying to find ways to streamline all the tasks I have to do throughout the day.
2. Go to Dr on Monday!  I want to ask about cord blood banking,  and .....a few other things I can't remember LOL preggo brain-- OH yeah I have to ask about my son Rudy being there- or staying the night, videotaping the birth, bringing my own pillow , etc
3.  Check and DOUBLE check my hospital bag.  My midwife told me also how to make 'padsicles' LOL  basically she said you take the thick pads, soak them in witch hazel, cover them with aloe, splash a little lavender, and then freeze them !   Here's a great website with the directionshttps://www.gentlenursery.com/organic-pregnancy/easy-diy-padsicles/
4.  I'm going to be breastfeeding primarily but we need to get bottles?  Maybe?  I think that may be able to wait until we come home.
5.  Talk to Rudy's teacher (she's so awesome and we are pretty close!)  about him possibly hanging out there or staying over after i go in to labor.  I am not sure about the hospital policies but I am pretty sure he cant't (and I probably don't want to traumatize him) be in the room .
6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason's 19th Birthday in Heaven

My oldest son Mason would be turning 19 today.     I have been dreading this day because I know it will open the huge gaping wound in my hea...