Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Rudy's 8th Birthday Party ! Fortnite Party!

Hi everyone!

I know it's been awhile since I've been able to post. We’ve been super busy ! Last weekend we went to Atlanta for my birthday / anniversary. It was a ton of fun. It Was Emerson's first trip out of  Panama City. We stayed on the 28th floor of the Hilton in downtown Atlanta.  We got to go to the High Museum and even though I didn't get to see the kusama infinity mirrors show because the tickets were sold out, we still loved going to see the artwork and exhibits at the Museum.  I got a lot of close up pictures and inspiration for my own artwork.

We also got to go to the Georgia Aquarium but it was extremely crowded so we only stayed for a few minutes. I think we would have gotten to see more and stay longer but it was a Saturday night and even Jamey said he’s never seen it that crowded. I really don’t like having Emerson in such crowded places being so little anyway so we bailed after looking at a couple exhibits . We did manage to walk through the “tunnel of sharks / fish “ which was cool.
 For my birthday dinner we went to Trader Vic's which was on the bottom floor of the Hilton . the food was delicious and the atmosphere was really fun.  Everything is cooked on an Asian fire stove ? Which makes the whole hotel smell like a camp fire . I had the seared tuna for an appetizer and a seafood bouillabaisse ( I think it’s called) it was on a special Valentine’s Day menu. It was DELISH!!

🦞



This weekend is Rudy's birthday . He is turning eight years old on Sunday but we are celebrating with a birthday party at Rocket Lanes ( bowling , skating and video games) on Saturday. Right now he is really interested youTube videos where he watches other kids play games like fortnite and Minecraft. He does play a little bit of fortnite on the PS4 but mostly he likes to watch other kids play. So the theme for the party is fortnite. I ordered his cake at Publix . They couldn’t  make a fortnite cake so I kind of had to combine a couple of things and get it custom made.  It was  a 10 ish round cake that feeds about 22 people ( so we had a bunch left over )  I ordered some fortnite polymer clay decorations from amazon for the top.  It was a big hit ! But all that blue icing I think turned everyone’s poop green ! Lol ! Jk !



Honestly I cannot believe that he is turning eight years old time really . Time really does fly! His birthday and pretty much everything reminds me of Mason. I do live with the fear of something happening to Rudy and it causes me to look for ways to prevent that or really anything bad happening it all makes me want to be the best parent that I can possibly be and while that won't prevent accidents or tragedies from occurring in the future it's the only thing that I do have control over. There was a really great post on Facebook with a dad repeating a pledge before school everyday to help his son face the challenges of each day at school I am a big believer of affirmations and they have helped me a lot through some very struggling times I typed up the pledge that the father had taught his son because I'm lucky enough to be able to take her tea to school everyday and plan on teaching him the same pledge in the hopes that it will help him remember and what to focus on each day positivity- which just so happens to be my over-reaching gold or Focus for the year.what is important.
 I typed up the pledge and posted it below so that I can print it out and share it

"Today is going to be a good day.
I thank God for waking me up today.
 I'm going to school so I can learn and go to college.
 Today I will be educated by my teachers I will be empowered by my teachers with the tools to be successful
within and throughout my community and my country
 I apply myself daily
I study and I ask questions when I don't understand
when I'm confronted with a problem or a conflict I think before I react
I ignore all negative influences in the classroom throughout the school
 i'm extremely proud to be the next generation of leaders
I accept responsibility and
I love the challenge."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason's 19th Birthday in Heaven

My oldest son Mason would be turning 19 today.     I have been dreading this day because I know it will open the huge gaping wound in my hea...