Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Progress Rituals and Hypothyroidism Follow up


As I am typing this, I am realizing that I am not doing so great with this whole 'daily journaling' thing.  LOL I think I have to accept that I might only be able to realistically record my thoughts/events once a week to start with and then go from there!  Its funny because I just listened to a video about that yesterday from Daniel Pink.  It was about motivation and making progress.  I subscribe to his newsletter and the video was attached to that.  He is an AWESOME writer and I love his book A Whole New Mind.  I read this book in 2013 for one of my graduate classes at UNF.  I loved it so much i got the audio book on audible and re listen to it often.
https://www.amazon.com/Whole-New-Mind-Right-Brainers-Future/dp/1594481717
In the email it read "Motivation is more complicated than we think, because human beings are more complicated than we believe.

But a few core principles of motivation remain remarkably consistent —in particular, the importance of making progress. "  



Basically he is suggesting that Day to Day - the single BIGGEST MOTIVATOR is MAKING PROGRESS and to help you do that - people have to create Progress Rituals.  He recommended an email service called I Done this .  I looked it up and apparently it is a subscription service that you have to pay for.  I was hoping it was free but I could only find a free trial.  Basically- it emails you every day and you reply to the email with 3 things you accomplished and then it creates a log for you.

Since I didn't want to pay for the service I just created a reminder on my phone that at the end of every day (at 9 pm)  take 60 seconds to write down or record /type/ etc  3 things that you accomplished.  I'm pretty sure that I will start using Evernote for this or NOTES on my iphone.  I need to pick one and stick with it though because I tend to use so many different recording methods that I forget which ones I used and where I saved it. LOL Like I know I typed that in to remember it but then Im like - which one was it!!!?   I think I will use evernote because I have the app on my phone but I can also access it from my computer and type /add other things to it.  There I just committed!  LOL  I did just find a free alternative im going to try called Weekdone https://weekdone.com/welcome?admin


So that brings me to yesterday.  Overall I felt pretty frustrated and stressed most of the day.  We are going on a 7 day European cruise
with our kids THIS FRIDAY- and between trying to pack and prepare for that AND have our condo ready to show (we listed it for sale a month ago) I felt like I was GOING TO LOSE MY MIND.  I just couldn't focus on getting anything done and felt so frustrated  and unsure what to do or where to start.  This has got to be my ADHD because I also had my follow up appointment yesterday at 3:30 pm with my primary care doctor to see how my bloodwork and the medication were working.  She said all my levels were normal!  And even my cholesterol was within a normal range.  

This was good news.  I told her I felt like I had more energy but I was still having issues with my moods, depression and anxiety /inability to focus.  We made another appointment for January and she said since I will no longer be breastfeeding, we might try the Wellbutrin.  

So the three things I accomplished yesterday:

1. Made it to Dr. on time. 
2. Ran 4 miles - 8.08 pace! 
3. Packed up my art stuff to take to clubhouse (out of the way so we can show the house tomorrow!)
4. TRIED to Venmo my oldest daughter money for her 22nd BIRTHDAY! But it went to her old account so now we gotta figure out how to get her access to it!  I think this bummed me out too that yesterday was her birthday and since she is up in Kentucky, I didn't get to see her :(.  Just more motivation to sell our condo and find a bigger place so I can either get her to move back down to Florida OR  have her come and visit more often.
My oldest daughter when she was in 5th grade
A little birthday wish for baby girl!

some other stuff i did : 
walked dog, took out trash, folded rudys blankets , got my flu shot, 

I wasn't able to finish my drawing for Inktober ;(  ill  try to do that today!  Stuff i want to get done today:



  • CLEAN OUT PANTRY closet- Already did! :)
  • Run 7 miles
  • vacuum (upstairs &down
  • mop
  • shampoo rugs 
  • 2 drawings for Inktober
  • Clean shower ceiling
  • Put baby pillows in clubhouse
  • Put art stuff in clubhouse
  • Get hair highlighted 
  • File dr paperwork in emerson binder
  • ???
Lets see how much I can get down with a cute 9 month old attached to my hip!  Have a happy hump DAY!
This was Medal Monday ! we ran 9 miles in the jogging stroller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason's 19th Birthday in Heaven

My oldest son Mason would be turning 19 today.     I have been dreading this day because I know it will open the huge gaping wound in my hea...