My youngest daughter, my baby girl Emerson, turned a year old in December which was the biggest Event of the year . Babies grow and change so much in the first year- especially this pretty girl ! She started walking at 11 months and will probably be talking in full sentences soon!

As for my health goals when I look back at my journal and what I wrote I can say that I am really proud of myself for accomplishing most of my goals. I have been able to lose all of my baby weight which was very difficult at first. I wrote a post about finding out about my hypothyroidism which I think really enabled me to be successful. But going on weight watchers helped as well.
I decided not to renew my weight watchers app subscription this month and it is really difficult to make sure that I’m eating the right things and not going overboard. I might have to do some budgeting with my husband to see if we can fit it in Because it really is so helpful. I even re-downloaded my fitness pal which tracks your calories but just doesn’t seem as easy as the weight watchers app.
Now that I feel like I’ve gotten my fitness and my body back I am really hoping to qualify again for the Boston Marathon- I will have to try for the 2021 race because you already have to qualify for the 2020. But I am super excited about getting to run the Disney Marathon on January 12!! My training hasn’t been as consistent as it should be because it’s hard to be away from my little one so long to fit in the long runs But I am going to give it my all and do my best And also just try to have fun and enjoy it!
Another goal that I’m very proud of is making it to the one year mark with nursing! I’ve done such a good job breast-feeding and fact that I can’t get my little one to stop! She is addicted to the boob ! Lol . I’ve been so blessed to be able to stay home with her so it made nursing so easy but now I’m ready to permanently detach her , she doesn’t seem to like cows or almond milk much at all . The nursing itself is a comforting thing for her so she wants to nurse to sleep or when she needs it - since she won’t take a pacifier or suck her thumb . :/
I just ordered a new planner for the new year and can’t wait for it to get here . Since learning about goal setting and the law of attraction about 3 years ago , I feel like it has been the driving force behind all my major recent accomplishments. This is the planner I ordered and used the similar one before . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DCS8Y2B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1When it gets here I will go through some GTD M.I.N.D dump exercises and also some goal setting visualizations . Id really like to make some vision boards too - particularly for the house I want us to buy ! One of my biggest goals for the new year is SELLING OUR CONDO, finding a bigger house with an in law suite AND MOVING my mom down to FLorida from Maryland! It has been so difficult living in a city with no friends or family. Since losing my son Mason in October 2018, I have wanted nothing but to be closer to my family. It really is all I can focus on (besides running and my little ones) and I feel like my life is on hold until I can at least get my mom closer. She is ready to move- as soon as we sell our condo.
Most days I will make my Healthy Fruit Leather in the morning and eat nothing but that until around 3 pm when I have a low carb turkey wrap and then will usually splurge on dinner (as far as calories). I know that dinner shouldn't be your splurge meal but my hubs is picky about the meals we eat together and prefers TASTE over health benefit. So basically- he is NOT into eating a lot of healthy dinners - especially if he is cooking. It is bound to be delicious BUT SUPER FATTENING! LOL
So here is the amazing Fruit Leather recipe that I LOVE!
Ingedients:
Unsweetened Applesauce
Fresh fruit ( Blueberries, strawberries, grapes) one or all three! I take the softer ones and throw them in and honestly it saves me from wasting fruit because I only like to eat the fresh 'hard' crunchy ones.
Parchment paper
THAT'S IT!
Steps:
Preheat oven to convect 200 degress
I cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper (or your LEATHER WILL STICK!)
Then I take half the LARGE jar of unsweetened applesauce and throw it in my food processor.
I put in about half of a container of fresh blueberries (THIS IS A SUPER FOOD!) I use the squishy, over ripe ones.
Then I blend away until the berries are smooth
Then I pour the mixure evenly onto the two cookie sheets and move the sheet around until the mixture is an even thin layer across the cookie sheets.
Then you pop those babies in the oven for at least 2 hours- sometimes more depending on the thickness. I check the edges to see if it is ready- it will easily peel off the paper.
AND I can literally eat two cookie sheets full in 2 minutes time! LOL if not I put the remainder in ziploc bags!
YUM!
Sweet tooth craving BLASTED!
No comments:
Post a Comment