Sunday, December 8, 2019

PCB Marathon!


As a procrastinator, I am great at cramming in everything I can at the very last second.   Reading, watching youtube videos about marathon tips is all I have been doing the last couple days in hopes of doing well this Saturday at the Panama City Beach Marathon.  Last year, because the hurricane, the marathon was canceled.  I think the still held the 5k and maybe even the half marathon.  I was still pregnant with Emerson so I had a good excuse not to participate.   This year, I wasn't sure if I was going to run it because my major goal was to register, run and train for the Disney Marathon in January.  My training has NOT been ideal.  I haven't gotten to get in enough quality long runs because I am still nursing Emerson and my hubs has JUST now gotten comfortable watching her along for longer periods of time.  So now that the marathon is THIS saturday, I feel EXTREMELY nervous and unprepared.

My goal of course is to finish and not injure myself.  But that means i have to sacrifice ANY PR or chance of BQ which is hard for me to let go of.  I am trying to treat this as a trial or training run for Disney and just kind of 'wing' it.  I have told myself- to stay conservative for the first half.  My plan is :


  1. Start pace not less than 9 minute mile- or more (for 13 miles-  until i get to St Andrews state park- through the neighborhoods- I will go by feel as well)
  2. Every 30 minutes- do leg swings then burpees.
  3. Take a gel every 30 minutes
  4. Pack immodium AD, headphones, Aleve, Put on pain cream before and bring some with me to slap on if needed.  Take aleve at the half.
  5. Bring M&Ms to munch on!
  6. Do drills if feeling hurt/tired- high knees, skip, butt kicks
  7. Focus on relaxing legs and running on mid to forefont NOT heel
  8. Maintain cadence with the metronome app Run 
  9. Tape hamstring
  10. Nose breathing- MEDITATION
So that's it!  I just hope I can finish and feel good !





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mason's 19th Birthday in Heaven

My oldest son Mason would be turning 19 today.     I have been dreading this day because I know it will open the huge gaping wound in my hea...